Oct 3, 2013

heart issues that sting

Being out of your comfort zone makes you realize your weaknesses. I have seen selfishness in me. I thought I knew this before, but I like things just so. God is completely doing REAL work in my life right now. He is dealing with some heart issues that sting a little. 

God put a "routine, don't mess up my schedule" gal in this crazy, chaotic military life. It's a little comical now. Military means hurrying up to wait. It means plans change at the drop of a hat. I do not know where we will live or what week I will be moving to San Diego. When I run into my hometown friends, they ask me what I'm doing, where I'm living...you know the routine. I tell them I'm floating until Nick gives me the go ahead on hopping in the car and driving my little Nissan across America. 

Yes, I guess I could have just moved on out to California when I moved out of my house on Bay Drive, but I don't think I am ready for California JUST yet. I am so thankful that I get to go see San Diego before I move. It'll be like a mini vacation that I say, "It would be so neat to live here!"...and then 2 weeks later....I do live there.

So for now, I keep my focus on what God has for me each day. I want to wake up in the morning ready to serve Him. I'm working on putting ME aside and putting others first. I want to love God with all of my heart, soul, and mind. My actions should reflect that. That's my October goal. Picking a pumpkin and drinking fall lattes, though fun and I will be doing them..don't get me wrong, seem so small this morning. I need to serve more. I've gotten selfish. Who knows, my next post might be about my favorite fall fashion or my cozy cup of coffee, but today I want to remind myself what's important and get on track. 


"Teacher , which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" And he said to him," You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets."
Matthew 22: 36-40


2 comments:

Nicole said...

Let this be me, too, Lord.

Allison said...

I am totally a routine girl too and always struggle with this. God always knows best, we just have to choose to acknowledge that over and over. Hang in there friend. :)