Aug 30, 2013

Oceans

Happy Friday ladies! It's such a beautiful day here in Florida. The skies are blue (so far), and it looks like I might have to take a trip to the beach today or tomorrow. Last night I had a sweet couple come over for dinner and it was just what I needed while Nick started training. 

I want to share this song with you. As my life is totally changing right before my eyes, this song always brings reassurance, encouragement and a sense of peace. "When oceans rise, my soul will rest in your embrace". With the life Nick and I lead, this song holds a special place in our hearts. I need to stop holding my breath and waiting for the bad to pass. I need to breathe and hold tight to God during this set of tiny storms. I need to embrace and be alive in all of these situations that come our way. 

I hope you have a great Friday..who knows, I might be talking to you this weekend!


Oceans- Hillsong United

You call me out upon the waters
The great unknown where feet may fail
And there I find You in the mystery
In oceans deep
My faith will stand

And I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine

Your grace abounds in deepest waters
Your sovereign hand
Will be my guide
Where feet may fail and fear surrounds me
You've never failed and You won't start now

So I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine

Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever You would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Savior

I will call upon Your Name
Keep my eyes above the waves
My soul will rest in Your embrace
I am Yours and You are mine 

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Super reminder!!! I needed this. The Lord has been trying to teach me patience--which I'm still struggling to learn--and trust. I needed to read this tonight! Have a great weekend!

Eights on the Move said...

Hi Victoria! I've been on the prowl for some great Navy wife blogs to network with & am so thankful to have come across yours! Looking forward to reading more from you soon :)

- Ashley from http://eightsonthemove.blogspot.com

Nicole said...

I don't know how I missed this, but I'm so glad to find it today!!! What sweet encouragement. Thankful for your heart!