Aug 13, 2013

25 Things- Birthday Post

Since it is my birthday, I guess I am allowed to post twice in a day right?

25 years..Is it sad that I can already feel it? I see the lines that will turn to wrinkles in a few years. It takes me a lot longer to get off the floor. Thank goodness I have made it a commitment to live a healthy lifestyle and workout the way that I do. I would hate to see me at 30 if I didn't.

Age talk aside, I started really thinking about what I have experienced and learned in 25 years. We all have trials and situations that seem unfair. Things we wish we hadn't done. Things we are turning around and doing differently "from this moment on".

We will have regrets. There is no way around it. We are humans. We sin. But God is love. That means He forgives. He knows we will mess up. I want to look back on my life and know I did whatever I could to glorify His name, though. I want to hear, "Well done" on that day. There are so many things I need to improve on...kindness, my critical mouth, forgiving heart...the list never ends. But my heart is His, He has it for the taking.  I want Him to mold me this year more than ever. I want to be teachable and able to submit to God completely. I want Him to hold the reigns.

I want to celebrate my life with Jesus by writing out 25 things I have learned in my life. Most I need to work on tremendously, but I'm praying that I have a good 60+ years to improve.

So here it is.

25 Things Im Thankful that I've Learned:

1. God is my strength, my light, and my rock.

2. Worry does nothing but cause trouble.

3. Be honest when speaking. Don't sugar coat but also make sure to be tactful.

4. Friendships need effort. And we need friendships. Don't wait for them to come to you.

5. Take in your surroundings. Enjoy where you live.

6. Trial builds character.

7. Deep breaths ease whatever end of the world situations you are in.

8. Texting is not a way to deal with confrontation. Call them. Go see them.

9. Tones make or break a conversation...or a relationship.

10. Though I lack a relationship with my earthly father, my Heavenly Father fills that void. He never forsakes me. He is always there with me.

11. It's ok to rely on my husband.

12. Being vulnerable builds intimacy.

13. The Love and Respect cycle goes past marraige. It's about loving the unlovable.

14. No family is normal. But we all have "our normal".

15. Sometimes to make a friend, you just have to ask. Remember kindergarten?

16. Being away from your spouse will hurt, but you keep living. You live out God's will no matter if you are together or apart. They don't want you to be miserable without them.

17. Marriage makes it hard to stay skinny.

18. There is a bigger world than you see in your hometown.

19. Don't do something that you don't want people to find out about. Whoo, it makes life way less stressful.

20. Selfies are weird.

21. Find a way to love the differences in other people. People think you are weird ,too.

22. Stand for what you believe. Don't be mean and overbearing. But stand for it.

23. Complaining causes a bitter heart.

24. Spending time with God in the morning humbles and prepares me for what life is about to throw at me.

25. Treat the people that love YOU the most with kind words and actions.

I can think of 10 billion other things that God has taught me. He is still teaching me everyday. I hope you will sit today and make a list in your head of all you are thankful for..family, friends, trials, and blessings. I am so thankful for another year. My first married birthday....it's just the beginning, isn't it?



Have a sweet day!
Victoria


12 comments:

Claire Voss said...

Happy Birthday, Victoria! I hope it's wonderful! :)

Courtney Kassner said...

Happy 25th! Hope it's great! This was some pretty great advice/tips!

Chelsea Phelps said...

Gosh I agree with all of these! Happy birthday!!

XOXO
Chelsea
http://anchorsaweigh-ouradventure.blogspot.com/

Heather said...

Happy Birthday! I'm so with you on the whole "can't get up off the floor like I used to" issue. It's hard getting old, haha!

Anna said...

Aww.. this really spoke to my heart! I get so caught up in the millions of things I need to do each day and forget to stop for a hot second and thank God for all my many blessings! Such a great reminder for me. Happy happy birthday girl! Heres to many more birthdays and blessings!

Nicole said...

I know I text you, but comments are too fun to get for me not to leave one. :) Love that you always share your heart here and challenge us! Thankful for what you've learned so that you can teach us... especially me. :) Happy Birthday, lady!

Ashley said...

Happy Birthday to you!!! Great post!! Wonderful reminders and inspiration! May the next year be everything you dream of and more!

Amy said...

This is such a beautiful post, and many of those things you listed are things I've learned too. Happy Birthday, beautiful girl!! Hope it's a great one :)

Allison said...

Happy Birthday sweet friend! You are so right about worrying and thank goodness we can rely on our husbands!

Lisa C said...

Happy birthday! #17 is the truth.

Jessica L Martin said...

I was reading your blog the other night, and a crazy thing happened. Your words totally spoke to me and were exactly what I needed to hear! :) It was like a direct message from God to me. You said something like: "even though my surroundings were quiet, God was loud as ever!" God has been doing that in my life this summer and you put exactly into words what I was trying to explain to others how God was working in my life. So thanks for being such a bright light for Jesus! Your an inspiration.
<3 Jess @ Forever Convinced

Jessica L Martin said...

Ps- Forgot to add: Happy Late birthday! :)