Aug 8, 2013

Thursday Ramblings

Good morning!

I've gotten my morning workout in and I am ready to take on the day. Fortunately, today is a slow one. I guess compared to my last 2 weeks. I've got a couple of Etsy orders to fill and then I get to organize my guest bedroom/ storage room for moving day. If you come visit, be prepared to sleep with cardboard boxes full of anything you can image.

September 18th. That's the day they will pack our house and take it to California. My things will be in California. 2,000 miles away. Is this real life?

We are almost to the top of the roller coaster. I can hear the ticking that comes before it rolls over that first big drop. Everything is moving so slowly, yet I am inching back into my seat trying to drag it out as much as I can because it is moving too fast.

Organzing. Packing. Road trips to see my husband for a day. Family time. Friend time. Searching the internet for the best plan tickets. What a whirlwind I am heading into. It's the calm before the storm right now. But through that storm, there will be praise. Thankfulness that I get to see family and friends. Joyfulness that I'll get to see the leaves change one more time before I move to a place where palm trees are the main source of shade. My heart will be so full because I will get to worship at our home church.

Our last "real" weekend here is going to be fun. Nick's uncle gave us 2 night stay at a bed and breakfast at Grayton Beach for a wedding present. You can check out Hibiscus Coffee and Guesthouse here! I am so excited to pretend we are on vacation for a couple of days. I plan on being on the beach as much as possible and visiting the cute surrounding towns. Rosie will be staying at her best friend Jessie's house. I am sure those two will have a ball and I am so thankful for Lauren and Andrew being so kind for keeping her.

I'm going to cut it short and tackle that crazy closet that I have been keeping out of sight, out of mind. I hope your Thursday is great! Just think, tomorrow is Friday!

P.S. Praying for all my teacher friends who are starting school today! I have quite a few who are first year teachers and I know those kiddos will be blessed by them this year! It's a scary day for teachers and students! I hope it goes smoothly and with only happy faces!

Victoria

No comments: